Friday 20 June 2014

Book Review: Organized for Murder by Ritter Ames

Kate McKenzie is a organizing expert. With 6-year-old twin girls and her ex-goalie and now sports anchor husband, she has plenty of time to put her organization skills to good use. Now she is starting a new business helping others organize. Her latest client requires her to organize and inventory her late husband’s many collections. All is going well until her client ends up dead, poisoned to death. With all the heirs pointing their fingers at her, Kate and her friend, Meg, must try and clear her name.

I related to this book so much. I’m a mom to twin boys and a hockey-loving sports fan. It certainly was right up my alley from the start. Add in the organizational tips and the suspenseful mystery and I was completely sold on my first Ritter Ames mystery.

I liked how competent Kate is. Some air-head sleuth, who blindly stumbles through a murder she is not. I like how she was constantly writing lists to keep herself organized and enable her to solve the mystery. At her side was her new friend, Meg. With the history of snarky hockey wives she’s not used to having a lot of friends, and it was enjoyable to see her friendship with Meg blossom and grow. I’m definitely looking forward to watching these two solve another mystery together.

Organized for Murder is a very enjoyable first in a new series. Ritter Ames really hit it out the park with this debut, and with her organizational tips included (throughout the book and at the end), I know this is one book I will be hanging onto. Not just for a re-read, but also to refer to the organizational tips. If you haven’t discovered this series yet, I highly recommend picking it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment