Sunday 1 March 2015

Audiobook Review: Bless Her Dead Little Heart by Miranda James

This series is the spin off to Miranda James' Cats in the Stacks Mysteries and features Miss An'gel and Miss Dickce Ducote. The sisters are pet sitting Charlie Harris' maine coon cat, Diesel, and get themselves involved in an adventure. When their former sorority sister, Rosabelle Sultan, turns up on their door step, claiming that her family is trying to kill her they don't really believe her. After all Rosabelle loves drama! However when someone else falls victim to a trap set for Rosabelle it really looks like Rosabelle's family mean her harm. With the Sultan family residing at their house too, An'gel and Dickce must try to solve the mystery before they become the next victim.

I just adore Diesel and the Cats in the Stacks Mysteries. This spin off was great. While I did miss Charlie Harris, I did like this story. An'gel and Dickce are such a hoot, and with their southern manners they tend to keep their snarky comments to themselves. That doesn't mean they don't think them. Rosabelle and her family are pretty uncouth and it was interesting watching them all clash with each other!

This was my first time listening to a Miranda James novel. I've previously read all the others. However having said that I enjoyed Jorgena Marie's narration. I liked the southern accents she used and I would definitely listen to another book in this series, with her narration.

Bless Her Dead Little Heart was a fun debut in this series. If you enjoy the Cats in the Stacks mysteries I thoroughly recommend picking this one up. If you are new to Miranda James give this one a try and I guarantee you that you will be racing out to buy her other series too!

Check out Bless Her Dead Little Heart at Amazon, available in paperback and for Kindle now.
Book 2, Death With the Wind, will be available in September, 2015.

1 comment: